Let me create something beautiful for your space.
Who I create commissions for:
· Hospitals and Healthcare settings
· Corporate offices
· Private Homes
· Interior designers, decorators, architects
Why commission a painting?
- You love a certain painting but the size isn't right or it's already sold (happens all the time!)
- You need specific colors for your space and the work I have available does not have those colors.
- You are looking for an entire collection of paintings for your hospital walls or corporate offices, and you want the work to be cohesive.
After talking about your exact needs (colors, substrates, sizes, desired delivery time) I will work on a sketch for you. My sketches are usually acrylic paint on paper. I cannot exactly replicate any of my paintings but I can certainly get close. 1-2 rounds of revisions to the initial sketch are allowed. The initial phase of sketches helps me to know if we're on the right track for color and composition. After this is approved, I paint! I will show you a progress shot, if you desire, at about the 85% completion mark. At this point, only very small revisions are allowed (i.e. "a little more blue here, a few more white petals here"). The sketch phase takes care of all of the questions so that by this point, we are well on track. Once the piece is completed, no revisions are allowed.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE COMMISSION PROCESS
Commissions require a non-refundable 50% deposit/booking fee. The remaining 50% is due before the painting is shipped / picked up. Payment must be cleared before shipping.
(approved sketch on left, final painting in progress on right)
GALLERY OWNERS, INTERIOR DESIGNERS, and STORE OWNERS
Please contact me about purchasing artwork as wholesale, representation or licensing. Painting and prints can not be purchased directly from the store for resale without my permission. I gladly offer a designer discount!
THE DETAILS OF THE COMMISSION PROCESS
1. Please email or call me to discuss the following :
- specific size and substrate requirements (paper, canvas, or board). I may weigh in on your choice of substrate once I know your desire.
- include any specific inspirational images, including past works of mine, colors, or other images you love.
- list the colors you would definitely like to have included in your piece and any colors you really do not want to see.
- after our email and / or phone communications, 50% of the total cost is due. This is non-refundable due to a possible need for ordering specific supplies and for holding your spot for commission work time.
- Once the invoice is paid I will schedule your commission time. Please be specific with any pressing deadlines.
- It will take approximately 6-10 weeks for completion + drying time for your piece.
- final 50% payment will be due after approval, before the delivery.
- shipping will be billed separately. Local pickup / delivery is welcome and available. All paintings under 48" x 36" can ship flat. Those over 48" x 36" can either be rolled in a tube or sent via Craters and Freighters. If your painting arrives in a tube, any of your local frame shops will be able to stretch your canvas on stretcher bars. Customer is responsible for insurance. If you would like help with framing, I am here to assist!
- All sales are final. 100% refund allowed if item(s) arrive damaged. You must notify me immediately if this is the case. In all other instances, there are no returns.